Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Maybe Age 3???


For the longest time I could swear that age 2 was my favorite age... So little still, and so innocent - and just figuring out how to hold a conversation and express oneself.... The way they talk at that age - just makes me giggle with welcome regularity :) But - I have to say that age 3 is creeping in on age 2 and JUST might take over! Here are a few of my current favorite words: 
~Hangburger
~Paper Tollow
~Neck-a-lace (3 syllables)
and choice phrases:
~Don't let the bed bites eat you!
~named a stuffed dog "Pooh Pooh Puppy"
~"My want to give you 'gassy kisses'" (blowing air against your cheek!)
These examples are just the icing on the cake! I feel like I'm laughing about it all that much more. Maybe it's because she's really putting words together - and speaking in complete sentences - but still harbors that innocent "baby-accent". Then again, maybe it has to do with the fact that she is growing more and more independent. Potty-trained. Eats her food (usually). Gets dressed by herself. Plays with her sister. These variables could also apply to general increases in overall laughter, I do suppose ;)

TIP: For pickier eaters - try offering 2 choices. Giving them the power to choose seems to make a big difference in how well it is actually consumed. And - you only have to offer what you know is readily available.
A QUOTE: "One way to prevent conversation from being boring is to say the wrong thing."  ~Frank Sheed
WHIDFML: Joel and I devoted some time and energy - and managed to replace all of our old basement windows! Mucho savings... on $$$ for windows + install, as well as on all of that previously wasted heat throughout the winters!!  Bright, beautiful, secure, energy-efficient, and soon - completely maintenance-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment