Thursday, October 14, 2010

1st Day of School!


Sooooo... One piece of mother's vengeance that I will not have to endure: Children screaming, crying & clinging like Koalas, because they don't want to go to school! Hooray! Hooray! Myla loves school!!


However, I guess when one isn't crying, the other must be - or what would I do with myself??? 
Poor Ad, she felt so left out those first few visits. But alas, she's looking forward to school that much more. So be it.


I'm not so sure Addie will require formal schooling to get by in the world. After dropping Myla off for her very first day, she broke-down over her desire to stay and play with the big kids. I explained that she'd get to do this next year, and in the meantime Addie is too little, and mommy is too big, to stay and play. 


But boy - did she play... She played her cards indescribably well, in fact! While in the truck on our way out of the parking lot, she pleaded with her poutiest pout, and her widest eyes, "Mommy? Can we go to a store and pick out a toooooooy?? Pleeeeeease?!" 
How could I deny her? (Especially when there is a dollar-section in the local Target?!) 


She's way ahead of the game already! Hahahahaha. 


A TIP: This one is passed along from a friend... If you drop a stick or 2 of cinnamon into your jug of Vinegar, the next time you clean, the scent will be neutralized. It worked! Now Myla doesn't have to hold her nose every time I use it. 
A QUOTE: "You learn something every day if you pay attention."  ~Ray LeBlond
WHIDFML: Spent much of this delicious summer outdoors. (Hence, the primary reason for my blogging hiatus as well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment