Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sugar & Spice, and Everything.... Scary??


When a 3-year-old is asked what she wants her birthday theme to be, you typically don't expect to hear Princesses AND Monsters.  But why the hey not?? This kid likes scary stuff... already. Hey - she's a girl after my own heart! :) When she was up until 1am with the stomach flu, we found the old re-runs of He-Man and She-Ra on Qubo Channel... She exclaimed amidst her fatigue, "LOOK! A scary guy with a red face. My love the scary guys!" And when I kiss her goodnight and tell her to have 'good dreams' - she replies, "My want to dream about monsters..." Hey, there are no laws stating that a kid can't have monsters and princesses at her birthday bash. I'm certainly not going to hold back that imagination - and why stifle her joy?! She was giddy with glee when she awoke from her nap on the afternoon of her party to find mini stuffed-monsters dangling from the chandelier, pink cupcakes bearing monster suckers, and monster cake-plates saddled next to princess napkins. Mission accomplished. I love a creative challenge - and I have to say, it was a scary-good time!

TIP: Why set limits when it's innocent and doable? Let that creativity flow!
A QUOTE: “Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.” ~Jamie Paolinetti
WHIDFML: Taught myself some new tricks in Photoshop! WOW- time-savers and fun stuff... I take pride in being about 98% self-taught in that program, and how I'm able to 'finish' a photo, to enhance or create a mood that truly fits the captured moment. JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment