Sunday, April 11, 2010

2 Sweet(ies)


Sometimes these little ladies take my breath away with their thoughtfulness. They seem so little to really understand many things, still - and yet, they are learning so fast. They never cease to amaze me. Just a couple of recent, memorable - emotional moments to denote... and look back on fondly...
On our recent trip to FL, Myla and Addie spent one full day with Grandma Roxane and Aunt Debbie while mom and dad went on a FL date! As if that wasn't gift-enough... upon our return we learned that Myla really wanted to pick out something special for mom and dad. They found a souvenier back-scratcher for daddy - which he had actually already tested and approved of, but had not purchased. And for mommy, a PRINCESS mug! It depicts images of each of the favored Disney princesses - against a pretty pink background. This was not only considerate, but rather thoughtful. She knows I drink tea almost daily, and that I enjoy coffee on the weekends fairly regularly. I have a small collection of favorite mugs for just such indulgences. I drink my coffee in the princess mug every weekend now - and my heart melts a little bit each time, as I remember how I acquired it :)

Addie adores her big sister - even though her big sister is often very dictating. While outside the other evening, she was playing with some small felt toys in the shape of crayons; It's a color-learning toy. Addie immediately came running to Myla holding one out and offering excitedly, "Here you go Myla, the PINK one!" Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Myla's favorite color is pink. These are the moments that make an impact. But really - so many occur that I'm fearful I'll forget some over time. Now, all I have to do is re-visit my own babbling blog, and I'm good!

TIP: Memories are precious. Often the details get lost or fuzzy in our busy lives, particularly over time. I started a baby-blog as soon as Myla was born - dedicated to both of my girls now. I regularly update it with various memorable conversations, milestones, and of course - lots of photos! It's almost like an online baby-book. I've kept up with this more diligently than I have with those baby-books, actually. And, I keep the privacy settings so that only the family/ friends that I wish to view it are able to. They can log-in and catch-up with the happenings any time they like! The family loves it as well! I highly recommend it.
A QUOTE: A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. ~Margaret Mead
WHIDFML: Joel and I sat out on the deck in the evening (a few times already! - We're making it a regular thing all season long) and just talked and laughed together ~ Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment