Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring-Fling!

Every Spring I get the urge to purge - and I really - REALLLLY went through this house this season... top to bottom! Maybe the fact that winter won't loosen its grip on us completely this year has helped inspire the thorough run-through. I don't particularly enjoy cleaning - per say. I do enjoy a bit of organization, however. (Though I have to be in the right mood.) It seems that, over the course of our far-too-long hibernating season, the walls begin to slowly close in on us. Might have to do with the fact that the holidays occur during those same months - and many new 'things' are acquired over the course of that time. Whatever the logic - the result is the same: I like to simplify. Simplify life, or, limit the unnecessary dust-gathering objects that aren't required for survival (or even for happiness in many cases) - I don't do well with clutter - (and as my regular readers know - I have a Feng Shui thing about thing-placement as well.) I find that when things have places, and places have fewer things, the esthetic appeal leads to my ability to more readily de-clutter my mind as well. I can relax, and enjoy my surroundings. I can indulge in some 'nothing' (have you seen Office Space lately?!) I can breathe.
This time, not a space is out of place. Behind no door is it as it were before... No drawer was left obscure, no closet impure... [And - Dr. Seuss has been a big hit around here for sure!] Damn it feels good to be a gangster! (Another Office Space reference, for those who may not know.)

TIP: Do little bits at a time... If you work in 'sections' - it's not so overwhelming - and you too can be clutter-free and sunshiny! [i.e. I tackled the kitchen 'junk-drawer' while the kiddos were eating breakfast. One down!] Also - can't hurt to have a garbage bag handy, along with a 'give-away'/ 'donate' bag, and a pile for the "not sure yet" items.
A QUOTE: "And I have this little litany of things they can do. And the first one, of course, is to write - every day, no excuses. It's so easy to make excuses. Even professional writers have days when they'd rather clean the toilet than do the writing." ~Octavia Butler
WHIDFML: Curled up with Joel and laughed my butt off watching Office Space! It has been a while. I think I've been out of that office environment for long enough now that it's even funnier than the first time I saw it!

No comments:

Post a Comment