Tuesday, February 7, 2012

For my next trick...




The above music had been swirling around in my head for weeks... along with the multitude of projects and daily duties I was "juggling", all while walking the high-wire, and grabbing hold of the trapeze on occasion! Seriously. Or at least that's what it felt like... And so - this tune kept popping into my mind's ear - and the volume kept increasing as I found myself in trickier situations over the course of my 'performance'. 
My bestie recently pointed out that the 'trapeze' was in fact, an ideal analogy - The whole hanging on and letting-go - all timed just right to keep from falling. Yes. For sure. And I've had quite a lot of practice since the kiddos have been around. While I've decided I'd prefer to 'train' in one select category, rather than trying to do it all... I somehow still find myself in these unexpectedly frenzied circumstances.
But hey! "Entry of the Gladiators" seems a fitting title then, wouldn't you agree? I mean, we don't generally visualize an armor-laden warrior out there on the flying trapeze, or juggling those bowling pins... However, if I conjure up this imagery whilst in the midst of my tornadic storms-of-life, it can only aid in propelling me forward through the chaos - sword drawn, shoulders back, and shield poised in protection. Hmmm... Yes, I think I'll run with that!

TIP: Life gets challenging at times. It's part of the plan... that learning-endeavor we are here to take part in. But, if you allow yourself the opp to take a step back and view it from a different, outside perspective... it's often easier to simply laugh-it-off, and continue with your forward momentum.
A QUOTE: Actually - 2 today - by Erma Bombeck herself... in honor of some fab compliments...
~ "If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it." 
~ "Humorists can never start to take themselves seriously. It's literary suicide."
WHIDFML: Danced my arse off 'til 2am recently - followed by gf pizza from Pizza Luce' - all with some incredibly fun gals! [Gotta get my dance on!]

No comments:

Post a Comment