Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Convo...


Kinda cute...
Addie was still in her crib, as I was dressing Myla. Addie had woken up on the wrong side of said crib this morning, and I tried to squelch the impending whining and squealing that were managing to creep out in only small increments thus far. "Hey - we gotta get ready to go to grandma and grandpa's house today!!!!!!!!!" (Yes, I am trying to emphasize my excitement with 9 apostrophes.)
Addie, being crabby, started to spazz-out a bit... the opposite of my intended response. That's when miss Myla stepped-in. "Addie! We're going to grandma and grandpa's houuuuuuse... You get to see PAPA! He's your favorite guy, isn't he Addie?"  I was a little taken-back - as this was dually unexpected... However, it worked! Addie became sheepish, lifting her arms up to her face, head tilted to the side with a shy smile, as she repeated questioningly, "PAPAAAA???" Now, the squeals of "I'm not in any way shape or form a morning-person!" Turned into squeals of joy! Hey. I'll take it!




SAY WHAT??
Later that same morning... They swapped roles, as usual. (Pretty well impossible to have 2 happy babies at the same time 'round these parts.) In Myla's fit of uncalled-for rage, she opted to hit her sister. BUUUZZZZZZZZZ. WRONG! That just won you a lovely (lovely for me) time-out... 5 minutes! Upon reconciling with her sister following the 5 minutes of chaos corralled, I explained,  "You don't hit! Especially not your baby sister. How would you feel if she hit you??" Myla: "I wouldn't like it" [insert giant pouty lips & eyes here...]
"You can only hit bad guys if - if someone tries to hurt you. Otherwise, NO hitting." 
Myla:"I can hit bad guys?" 
"Yes, if someone ever tries to hurt you - you hit them... Otherwise, NO hitting. Not your sister especially..."
Myla: "Mama... (arms in the air, palms facing up) Why don't we just shoot the bad guys?!?" 
I couldn't help but laugh. Not probably the greatest reaction to that - but SERIOUSLY? Watching a few too many episodes of COPS with her father, I reckon! I replied, "You are your father's daughter, aren't you?" She said confidently, "Yes. I Aaaaam." 
This one is alllllll-Joel!

TIP: Don't let kids watch shows that involve guns... Joel convinced me that "she needs to know that there is bad in the world, and that she can't trust everyone... I tell her that they are bad guys." Okay - but now what is he planning to tell me when he decides to teach her to use a shotgun for hunting????????? (Yes, multiple question-marks also indicate a heightened intensity of questioning, with a hint of agitation...) 
A QUOTE: “Violence is not merely killing another. It is violence when we use a sharp word, when we make a gesture to brush away a person, when we obey because there is fear. So violence isn't merely organized butchery in the name of God, in the name of society or country. Violence is much more subtle, much deeper, and we are inquiring into the very depths of violence.”  ~Jiddu Krishnamurti
WHIDFML: Stood up to some attempted business manipulation that I thought was in my past for good! (Speaking of violence... Just kiddin'!)

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I found you through the mom blogs. I am a MN Mama too! Nice to meet you :)


    -Sarah
    http://www.minnesotamamasmusthaves.com/

    ReplyDelete