Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Innocent Eyes!


As I was fumbling around in the closet getting dressed this morning, Myla had come in and joined me... She was resting (waking up!) on the Papasan chair - situated about 12 feet from my whereabouts. I was in my under-ware and bra. I must admit, the pair I selected today were rather fiery, yet feminine. Lace edging, translucent bodice... K, 'nuf about that. It does, however, accentuate the story to know this detail! 
She looked up again, realizing what I had put on, and came running to meet me at the closet entrance as she gasped, "OH Mommy! What beeeauutiful panties you are wearing!" I smiled as I thanked her for the compliment, asking, "You like those, huh?" 
NOW.... envision the scene in A Christmas Story - where Ralphy is running his hand up and down the leg of "the lamp"... YEAH. I KNOW! Swatted her hand away a couple of times before she gave up on touching them. [They ARE luxuriously soft!] I decided to take the opportunity to further motivate her... "HEY! If you start using the potty - you can wear beeeauuutiful panties TOO!"
"No, " came her reply, "I want to wear a diaper." DANG! I tried.

TIP: They make thick toddler panties to absorb more if there is an accident during training/ transitioning. Sold at Babies R Us! VERY handy... 
A QUOTE: "A child can go only so far in life without potty trianing. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators." ~Dave Barry
WHIDFML: Followed my heart and intuition, and it led me to where I wanted to be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment