Sunday, April 1, 2012

Trust More; Analyze Less...



I'm analytical by nature. So it's particularly challenging for me not to 'over-think' most (if not every) decision I make. Some decisions are big. Others - not so much... Yet I find myself thinking through so many things on a regular basis - that I've begun to realize I'm driving myself a little insane with all of this unnecessary thought. 
Since kids entered the picture - calculate my analytical ways by double, at least. I am now thinking for 3, you see... (and as every woman knows,  sometimes 4!) So -  my brain is already on overload. Then, I can be asked a simple question, such as - "How would you like that done?" And I want to respond with - "Please, you tell me."

I'm also spiritual by nature. Rather deeply-spiritual, in fact. So I've decided to try to remedy the elongated and unnecessary thought-process I continually put myself through, by depending more highly upon my faith. As such, if you are ever in our vicinity, and you happen to hear Joel begin to make croaking sounds (as in FROG - or Fully Rely On God)... or suddenly blurt out the word "Trust" - it's not Joel going crazy, attempting to call frogs, or questioning my trust in him... He's doing his best to remind me to TRUST - - - that it'll work out the way it is meant to work out. TRUST God. TRUST my instincts. Simply - TRUST! 
I've gotta say - it's already doing wonders. My heart has prompted me, and I'm responding accordingly. Now - if I could just 'trust' that cooking a meal inside of our new camper won't prompt a grizzly to invade the tent-ends whilst we're out there in the wild later in the year... I'd be all set ;) 

TIP: Sometimes a little prayer, or a moment to let your mind finish a thought, and then become quiet - are enough to prompt a greater sense of serenity. Let's also keep in mind that 'trusting' doesn't mean 'giving up' and waiting for things to fall out of the sky to your liking. You still have to put in some effort - - and then know you've done your best to 'make it work'. The rest is up to God.
A QUOTE: "Depend upon yourself. Make your judgement trustworthy by trusting it. You can develop good judgement as you do the muscles of your body - by judicious, daily exercise. To be known as a man of sound judgement will be much in your favor." ~Grantland Rice
WHIDFML: Spent a perfectly beautiful Spring afternoon with J and the girls - just enjoying our yard, a walk by the river, a bbq together & dinner brook-side, while unwinding after a busy couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment