Friday, December 3, 2010

Makin' Me Cry - Happy Tears


So - Chef Joel had prepared to make us some salmon and rice for dinner one recent evening. Addie protested... while insisting that she wanted "cheesy rice & scrambled eggs" for supper. I rolled my eyes, and so did Joel - but we did so with a smile. That kid would eat cheesy rice for every meal (Joel's special recipe - A.MAZ.ING!)
Daddy disappeared upstairs and began the prep. Upon its completion, I assisted him as we gathered the girls' plates and loaded them up with the appropriate portions. Joel asked if I would mix up some ingredients for the cheesy rice for Addie - since we had made rice anyway. Sure! So after the mixing, he handed me her plate - full of scrambled eggs! I couldn't believe it. I had to compose myself as I remarked, "You made her the eggs too? What a good daddy!!" Everyone ate well that night - and cleaned their plates ;) Hope these girls realize how lucky they are to have such a devoted dad.

XO!

TIP: Sometimes you can get away with 'enhancing' the existing meal, rather than trying to make multiple meals to satisfy all the little peeps.
A QUOTE: "I kept my babies fed. I could have dumped them, but I didn't. I decided that whatever trip I was on, they were going with me. You're looking at a real daddy. " ~Barry White
WHIDFML: Began the process of planning a trip for a few months out! Planning/ getting ideas is half the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment