Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Crazy-Mixed-Up-Day"

Hmmmmm.... Kinda like the new motto for my life ;) 

But really - they have so much fun in Myla's preschool class! Though I have to say, I'm not entirely certain who has the most fun with it: Myla, or me? Keeps my creative juices flowing - which I always welcome. 
They are reading "The Mixed Up Chameleon"... and the class was encouraged to "go crazy and use their imaginations" - and mix things up. So - we obliged. 
We put socks on her head - adhered to her 3 wacky pig-tails, jeans under her dress... one pant leg way up, one rolled down, 2 different socks on her feet, 2 different shoes, a tail, and every fingernail is painted a different color.
Trying to encourage her to be creative, and be herself, without the fear of being judged... Seems to be working. She is thrilled each time they get to do something so out-of-the-ordinary. So should our attitudes remain towards this 'crazy life'!
Cheers to that.

TIP: Let them express themselves - Start young and they'll probably be less prone to taking it to heart if they are picked on by other kids. That's one thing that never really got to me - when kids would tease me in school. It always rolled right off. I have my mom to thank in part - because the first pokes were made at my short stature. My mom's reply? "Well good! You'll be glad you're short... The boys like short girls the most."  Ha! Cute, eh? Look how long that memory stuck with me...
A QUOTE: “The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed, in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a wide-spread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible” ~Bertrand Russell
WHIDFML: About to paint Easter-Eggs with the girls and daddy! :)  Happy Happy -

No comments:

Post a Comment