Sunday, December 27, 2009

I Don't Have Time for That...



So, it has been snowing non-stop for the past couple of days - and the girls are beside themselves with zeal. There has been quite a bit of sledding in the yard, and the snow is literally waist-high on the babes. (Rather entertaining for adults too.)
We've been enjoying it as well. I think having kids adds to the excitement of the first great snows. I'm still in the 'romantic' stages of winter... (In about another week, I'll be ready for spring again!)

This morning, daddy mentioned to Myla that it might be fun to go play outside. Once it got warmer out, the snow became heavy and thick - perfect for building snowmen! 
To our astonishment, her reply came as such: "No no no, Dada. I don't have time to go play outside today. I have to play with my babies...." 
Oh. Well. I see. (Sounds like the story of my life at this stage with the girls!) At least she's prepared for the responsibility of having children when that time should arrive. Many years away yet - but it does go by quickly. Before we know it - I'll be blogging about the joys of being a grandparent! (Our reward for going through parenthood!!)

TIP: If the snow is too deep and the kids just keep getting stuck and/ or falling, you can shovel a little zig-zag path around the yard. Before you know it - they will be running and throwing snow and laughing again :)
A QUOTE: "Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~Earl Wilson
WHIDFML: Savored some cookies. I figure, if I give in to this weakness once per year, I can live through the mini-gluten-attack... It was worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment