Monday, June 7, 2010

Felt Guilty.... Until -


This morning, we were on our way to meet up with some friends for breakfast. As I was placing Myla into her car-seat, I realized she had some dried up substance all around her mouth (must have been remnants of the "top-tarp" [translation: pop-tart] she had eaten earlier to squelch the onset of hunger.) 
I paused for a moment as I considered it - recalling how much I despise the way in which I learned this trick-of-the-(mommy)-trade, but then proceeded thinking, "I'll only do it once!" [suuuure.] 
I licked my thumb, and rubbed off the crusted mysterious residue. During the process, Myla was gasping for air, and scrunching her face - flailing it in every possible direction while trying to out-maneuver my thumbs. 
As I finished the job, she blurted out, "Oh... Yuck... MOM-slober!" It was a great start to the day, seeing as I couldn't control my laughter for a good solid 5 minutes. They just looked at me like I'm crazy or something... (Shhhhh... That craziness-thing is our secret!)

TIP: Walgreens sells nail polish called SINFUL COLORS for $2 per bottle. The various tints are to-die-for funky & fun, and they're always coming out with more. But the best part? They are all Toluene, Formaldehyde, DBP, & Camphor-free!! The girls and I have a pretty good collection going now!
A QUOTE: "I am not a perfect mother and I will never be.
You are not a perfect daughter and you will never be.
But put us together and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be.
Zoraida Pesante
WHIDFML: Joel and I had a (much-overdue) 24-hour (plus!) date: Went for a river-walk hand-in-hand, had a fire in the "valley pit" (the farthest away from the house, amongst more trees, where the baby-monitor's signal otherwise becomes lost), sipped wine, didn't cook or clean, ate sushi (and chocolate, gluten-free cake), planted flowers, did a tad of thrift-shopping, stayed up late, slept-in, woke up slowly - stepping out onto the deck in our pajamas to greet the day, had coffee in the quiet, and talked & laughed... [Yes, I left out the juicy parts... Use your imagination!] ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment