Friday, September 28, 2012

Ages & Stages



I had a light-bulb moment recently - when I realized how AWESOME this stage in our lives is right NOW. Wheeeeeee! Okay - life with kids - is just that. There are always things going on... Always unexpected 'emergencies' that come out of nowhere... And of course, let's not forget that they still eat up a lot of room in the old noggin - which I still blame for my brain's lacking ability to retain information and have it at-the-ready on a still-far-too-regular basis. 

Among all of the chaos of an utterly busy (yet fun) whirlwind of a summer, I'd finally had a moment to contemplate a couple of poignant occurrences that took place during said season. Two things stand out: #1) Our longest road-trip with the girls so far - and - - - NO crying en route! We explored more than we could have dreamed!! #2) Undeniably huge MN State Fair success! We literally got in EVERY item to see/ do/ explore/ experience that was on our list (and then some, including a bit of time left to just me and the beau the preceding day!) Not only that - but we managed to accomplish this feat on a SATURDAY - - - WOW! Not too shabby if I do say so myself :) 

This is fab! These girls are learning & growing by the minute... They are still little and sweet and oh so innocent. (Read: Fun!) And yet - they are more independent, and are beginning to really grasp a greater range of conceptual information - leading to much more mellow and enjoyable experiences overall. Woot! I can't complain. I see other fams in the earlier stages that we've waded our way through over time ourselves; I know it's just 'their time'... their place of transition for the moment... But I'm so glad I'm into this next realm. I love my girls - and have adored them during all stages (yes, even the frustrating ones.) But there is something to be said for this age & stage, and I'm going to soak it up!! (Before they are teenagers.)

TIP: Revel a little. :)
A Quote: “The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been.”
~ Madeleine L'Engle
WHIDFML: Laughed with a good friend - at a comedy club - in the middle of the week! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment