Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hungry Girl...



ME, that is! OMG. I finally sat down to eat my first meal at about 1:10pm today. First sip of water (or anything) today at that time as well. It was another one of those days. Something is up with the planets' alignment... or lack there of. I'm ready for 'em to re-align themselves already! I'm dragging a bit, but life gets like that sometimes... and I still believe it's all in how you deal with it. I'm making it work, one way or another. Would like to just - sleep pretty much! It causes a bit of fatigue. That sets me back and only exacerbates the issues at hand. I opted for more sleep this morning. Haven't been able to fall asleep well lately - so I chose to allow myself to sleep until baby #1 woke me up. She hasn't been sleeping enough lately, though, herself. She lies awake at night until well after 10/ 10:30pm... Then, she wakes up between 7-7:30 usually. It'd be plenty for an adult, but not enough whatsoever for a 3-year-old who clearly shows in every way that she needed many more ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz's than she has attained. She loses patience incredibly quickly. This afternoon, when her sister wouldn't oblige when she requested (or demanded, rather) that she refrain from turning their bedroom light off (from atop the changing table - little monkey), rather than calmly seeking me out (while brushing my teeth in the next room), she took it upon herself to push her little sister off of the changing table. Yeah. Lovely. Did I mention it's several feet from the floor? So now, it's nearly 1pm, and they had anticipated going on a nice walk today (as had I). While the screaming, crying, and fighting ensued, I determined that only 'good girls' could enjoy a nice pre-nap walk, and that babies this tired were destined for bed - immediately. (PLEASE!) So. I convinced them that they wouldn't be acting that way had they not been so tired. The nuks are always a helpful motivator as well ~ (they only get their pacifiers at nap and bed time now.) The usual routine ensued, and I placed them in their respective beds for nap. Silence. They were O. U. T. Uhuh... I KNEW they were tired. Mother always knows... I fed myself (finally), finished up some networking and caught up with some email communication... and then - got my butt outside for some sunshine before it lowered itself beyond the horizon for the day. Thankfully, the girls pulled a 3-hour nap today! THAT was much needed (for them, and for me!) I've omitted many a detail about the goings on of the day... Every little thing was a struggle. It's like your head and legs weigh about an extra 20 lbs each, and just walking is a chore. You don't know if you should even bother! Something might happen. Kind of that "one-step-forward, two-steps-back" theme goin' down today. Excuse me a moment while I catch my breath. Whew! I don't think it's too much to want one day to myself per week, do you? Today would have been that day... Perhaps in another couple of weeks that will be reinstated. In the mean-time... I can at least look forward to a short week for the hubby in the one upcoming, for the TG holiday. And so, I'll continue to do just that - keep my eyes facing forward. This too shall pass. (RIGHT?!?)

TIP! Exercise feels good - but also actually produces those lovely endorphins that tell our brains that we are happy :) Need. More. Regular. Activity... physical - (no more mental) - activity! 
A QUOTE: "Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children, and no theories."  ~John Wilmot
WHIDFML: Ate 2 small 'smiley-face' wrapped chocolates... Then, I got my butt outside in some sunshine - and I hauled a bunch of rock down to the brook shoreline again. Must have been about 8 loads, plus a bit of 'organizing' the remaining fragmented rock into 'scrap piles'... Not bad. Got to do so in that 'extra' hour of baby naps! YES.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great day today:) Just tell yourself first thing, "good day ahead".

    Luv Ya

    ReplyDelete