Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Progression With Regression



Seriously! I don't know sometimes. What is the DEAL with the 3+ year old girl who wanted so badly to be a 'big girl' when it meant she could pick out her clothes, eat suckers, have a rail-free bed, and drink milk from a cup (non-sippie-style)? When suddenly, she morphs into this needy, clingy, little crabby-pants monster who insists upon being carried everywhere, requests to be fed by me (to which 'me' says, "help yourself girlie!"), claims that she can no longer put on her shoes or socks by herself... whiny, nuk-fiendin' little babette. Do you suppose it has something to do with seeing her little sister being more 'babied' lately - since she's been her own version of crabby-clingy-whiny due to the next stage of teething? (When is teething over, btw?!?) 
When it comes to regression, there is more! We were once at a place of peace when we put those two to sleep together in their room... The routine was well orchestrated. Hmmm. Or so we thought. Now it seems, they both are fighting sleep fairly regularly (okay, mostly regularly) again. What the??
I also (mistakenly) thought that we were beyond our previous middle-of-the-night wakings. Not so! Teething. Need I say more? And once we figured out the trick to proactively battling that nuance, the 'big girl' again decides it's in her best interest for a mommy-bonding-moment in the middle of the night. Lovely. I like the bonding idea... but could we re-schedule for a more lucid time of day for me, by chance?
Sometimes... I just... don't... know anymore. Any tips?!?! Feel free to leave 'em in the comments section :) Ha! 
One step forward, two steps back... Stress is not good for me! (or anyone) Need vacation sans-babies. Love 'em, but need reprieve. Regular re-boot of the system required. Wouldn't trade 'em for the world, but would like to see more of it ;) I must remind myself: All in good time. (As in, once current financial goals are met, and the girls are able to communicate more readily to the family-based sitters!!) 


TIP! If you know the babe will wake in the wee hours due to teething pain, preventative measures make for a better night for all; A dose of infant IBuProfen (sp?) before bed = lasting pain-relief. (Seems to help prevent headaches for me as well - what'd'ya know!) 
A QUOTE: "Waking up in the morning is my favorite extreme sport."  ~Loesje
WHIDFML: Left early for bowling last night. Got to sub... which meant I got to actually bowl! I bowled better than ever after a full day of stressful-baby-rearing. (VERY crabby children yesterday - ALL day.) Yay bowling! Guess I got to take it out on some pin-heads. ;) Kudos.

No comments:

Post a Comment