Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mixed-Emotions



One emotion remains steadfast - I ALWAYS love my little ladies :)

But these 2 quotes sum up the experience of mothering them daily, quite well:

"You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing.  What!  Is it nothing to be happy?  Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long?  Never in his life will he be so busy again."  ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762

Worry, and 'busy, busy, busy' - it's so intense when they are little... They just have to be on the constant move, and you have to keep up! And, we have to sort out the good advice and "studies" from the bad and/or irrelevant. Kids learn through play! 


 Next Quote: "There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seriously -  Love 'em... But I do need that reprieve. That balance... That -- QUIET ;) [insert deep breath here.]

TIP! Don't worry if your kids' play-time isn't always laden with the alphabet, math equations, and scientific data... Imagination is just as (if not more so!) important to their development and ability to adapt/ solve problems. One less thing to worry about!

2 quotes already included today!

WHIDFML: Went outside during nicer weather, and did my 'work-out' out there. I'm always happy when my 'exercise' can be productive.  I put a slight dent in our current outdoor project... What's a better work-out than loading rock into a wheelbarrow, carefully bringing it down 2 hills, running back up again, and repeating the cycle? Strength-training and cardio in one, plus sunshine :) Not sure it can be beat!   PS: If you're noticing different varieties of FONT in these posts - it's because I have decided that I have better things to do with my time than repeatedly try to correct this - as the "new & improved" blogger won't seem to allow! Bite me blogger! ARGH. I'm a mom - with small windows of time - cut me a break and MAINTAIN the font I change it to!!!!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment