Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Power of....


What force could possibly enable me to maintain logic (well, sort of) and react without a second-thought, while not only facing my greatest fear - but grabbing hold of it by it's creepy, furry, legs-the-length-of-my-own-fingers??? Only LOVE. The love one feels for that little person whom they have created, through the correspondence of God, and their chosen mate.

Yep. Believe it or not - I man-handled (and then abruptly located for destruction!) - the spider that DARED to crawl upon the outer layers that cover the flesh of my own sweet, little child. Oh no no noooo... THAT, my friends, is where I draw the line!

I will continue to do my best to keep satin (and its spawn - aka: spiders) far away from my baby girls!!!! ARGH! Do NOT cross mama-bear. Tell your friends. Oh yeah, you can't... 'cause you're DEAD!

I will also be forever thankful that I happened to have on a pair of special gloves used for the purpose of rock-moving and yard maintenance at the time of this occurrence. Guess God knew satin was going to make an appearance that afternoon, eh? [Now I don't have to obsess over which finger would have certainly been bitten as a result of this situation otherwise. Cheers to that, and the nightmares that would have otherwise plagued me forEVER.]

TIP: Somehow, in the midst of the fear you feel when threatened by danger - if your child is threatened, know that with faith, you will be able to persevere. [That's ALL I can possibly chalk this up to!!]
A QUOTE: “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.” ~Ambrose Redmoon
WHIDFML: Fixing to build a fire after my late-lunch, and read, sip something warm (maybe room-temp wine??) and just BE. Ahhhhhh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment