Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm Not a BABY Anymore!"



Recently, it became necessary to use the "If you don't listen, you won't get to go with... We'll get you a babysitter" threat. Myla was NOT happy about this...but not because she was afraid of missing-out. She scorned and stomped a foot while expressing to me with utter disgust, "No, I don't WANT a babysitter... because I'M not a BABY anymore! Hmf!" She pointed her finger at me as she scolded. 
In her very next breath, she shared her desire to be a part of a daycare, so she could play with other kids and not have to nap... Interesting. On some days I feel that this might be worth considering ;) ;) 
In any case, the babysitter threat seemed to do the trick!


TIP: I really think that the fear of missing-out on something, coupled with her reasoning that only "babies" need baby-sitters, made this work to our advantage. But it may be worth a try! We're still seeking the "perfect" disciplinary measure to utilize with Myla. Just be prepared to actually follow-through if they don't do as they are told. Otherwise, they'll never believe you again.
A QUOTE: “ A good film is when the price of the dinner, the theater admission and the babysitter were worth it."  ~Alfred Hitchcock
WHIDFML: Watched a good chick-flick with my sister: The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood 
Great flick!



No comments:

Post a Comment