Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Singing for Joy


Myla was singing spiritedly the other day. She did a near-perfect rendition of an older Christmas tune... Not sure why that caught-on around here so late in the winter season... It's the warmest March I can recall. In fact, if we get through the next few days with no snow, we will make history! Thus far in recorded history, no March has unraveled its days without any snowfall. There's a first time for everything! (Not too sure what that means for the planet, but it means this month has been a welcome early-spring!) 
She's been so eager to learn songs and sing them... She really enjoys it. She makes songs up around here regularly... To no specific tune, she'll rehearse these verses almost daily: "I love my mom, I love my dad... I love my sister.... They are so cuuuuute!" 
We continue to encourage her enjoyment of this activity. After completing the aforementioned holiday ditty without a hitch, and in its entirety, for the first time, Daddy provided accolade... "WOW! Nice job. You sing better than Daddy, you know that?" 
"Yeppy, I dooooooo!" came her response ~ (without missing a beat; no pun intended.)

TIP: I believe music has a way of inspiring people. It can enhance an existing emotion in just the right way, or adjust a mood for the better in as little as a few seconds. It is simply amazing how it can feed the soul, generate ideas, and allow one to artistically self-express. Everyone can relate to it in some form. Expose kids to it early, and provide variety. Even if they don't create music of their own one day, they will only stand to benefit. 
QUOTES: “Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.” ~Unknown
“Music is what feelings sound like.” ~Unknown
WHIDFML: Talked at length to a friend whom I've missed chatting with! We will resume regular interaction again :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment