Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Patience is a Virtue...



Patience... I have come to realize over the years that I have more than I give myself credit for. The problem lies in dealing with repeat episodes of, say, drama, over extended periods of time that don't encompass a solid break for me... and wallah - the patience is worn thin. It's to be expected. I haven't been able to consistently count on my highly-appreciated and not only desired, but truly required mommy-days for a number of months now... It's been hit or miss... a day here, a day there... Much more scarce than I've grown accustomed to. Even when I can manage to talk myself out of 'stress' psychologically, I can't seem to stop my body from experiencing it. Son of a! I darn-near missed out on the opp to merely wrap gifts without the eyes of the recipients nearby. That would have been a slight bit stressful, indeed. My 'back-up-plan' retired just before the summer months. I had gone online to seek a new back-up plan, and I couldn't find anything. I reluctantly decided last Wednesday to make a point of devoting some of my extra-valuable and fleeting time to trying this again. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there were multiple ads offering part-time/ drop-in care options! It must be the difference between summer and the school-year, I reasoned. Makes sense! I have renewed hope again - and 3 emails out to various prospective part-time care-givers. I also have 2 more phone numbers stashed in the case that the emailed nannies don't fit the bill in some way, or reply to my queries. IN as much - I actually have the name given to me by the previous 'back-up' day-care lady back in June! I never did call her, because I knew absolutely nothing about her. I felt like the squeaky wheel (that would be me) was simply receiving some grease when this number was given to me. But maybe it's meant? Who knows. I do know that I am "meant" to have some designated ME-time... to regroup, catch up on things, and just - BE. I need that to recharge. When I don't get it consistently, I start to get a little jumpy - even with the hubby. Me-time isn't a selfish thing. It makes me a better me - and a better mom and wifey too!
I'm definitely not wired to go without this time for too long! 
Time to find some new- new chosen family once again! Life. Gotta keep changing right along with it, right?

TIP: Don't just 'settle' when it comes to recharging your batteries. When challenges arise, find a solution. Get creative and you can solve nearly any prob! (That's a snippet from another fave quote!)
A QUOTE: "Life's problems wouldn't be called 'hurdles' if there wasn't a way to get over them."  ~Author Unknown (Did I already use this one?? I may have, but I think I'm thinking of using it on FaceBook previously!)
WHIDFML: Sipped on some Eggnog - blended with Kahlua'. Mmmmm. It's a seasonal thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment