Monday, December 5, 2011

Superhero Status...

Is it a bird? No. Is it a plane?? No! It's - [wait for it] - the Amazing..... "Throw-Up Girl"!!

Say what?

You heard right. This title was lovingly dubbed me by my 3-year-old during her recent bout of the stomach flu. I know she means well... but I'm not sure how I feel about this. (Her sister, either). See, this is because I'm, you know, the throw-up girl... or - she who maintains charge over those who throw up. Daddy simply can't handle it - even the thought of it - let alone holding a bucket underneath the faces of those struggling to keep their stomach contents to themselves. And so - it rests upon my shoulders - in its entirety. Lucky me. I suppose, however, you could concur that this does boost the job into superhero status - - when the man of the house can't handle it - - and I can?? Yep, that settles it. I'm officially a super-hero! ;) [Well, I am to those sweet girls who still need love and care - even when their bodies don't cooperate.] This could be a fun (and rather disgusting) Halloween Costume some year! Ha!! Hahahaha (evil laugh). 

TIP: Keep buckets beneath beds at ALL times - to better avoid laundering 3-loads worth of puke-covered bedding in between vomiting sessions. Lesson learned.
A QUOTE: "I don't hide my feelings, but when it comes to illness, I guess I don't panic. My father was the same way. I'm the provider for the family and the caretaker. If I panic, who is anybody going to run to? " ~Curt Schilling
WHIDFML: I made a trip to the Good Will shortly following Halloween - and I picked up the entire family's costumes for next year for a grand total of $36!!! Hello clearance! What are we going to be?? I be givin' you a bit of a clue here on me map, matey - ARrrrghhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment