Wednesday, December 21, 2011

MomMe-Day!



So today, I got to spend a great deal of my afternoon enjoying a massage. YES! SOOOO relaxing. I totally was ready to just revel in that moment (all 80 mins of it!!) Deep breath in... and exhale... ahhhhhhh. I freaking LOVE the Aveda Institute! Then, I ran some errands, picked up the neighbor girl from school for her momma, and spent the evening listening to Christmas tunes, surrounded by candle-light (still am) ;) - and wrapping gifts! Ahhhhhh. SO interesting too, how I had merely 3 minutes to browse the magazine while I sipped tea awaiting my massage appointment... and yet I took in just enough - something to blog about! It's so integral. It was discussing the way we as a culture are programmed to use every waking moment to do something "constructive" - and how much we need to just take the time to really BE. How, you may ask?? Well, by doing... (ready for this??) NOTHING! Yep. Nada. Nilch. Zilch. No-thing. NOTHING! It referred to this as a "novel idea". Indeed! It started to go into further detail about the how-to's and the benefits of such 'activity' (or lack thereof), stating that our medical personnel refer to this as "Constructive Rest". Hells-yeah! Cheers to that! Oh my gosh - how I wish I had stolen that magazine! ;) hahahah. But seriously - I wish I had at least asked to borrow it, so I could finish that ever-enlightening column that I had barely begun. But I think the overall concept was brilliant enough... don't you? 

TIP: I didn't let my mind wander - AT ALL today while enjoying my momME-time... This massage COMPLETELY revitalized all of my senses! I kept just focusing on my breath, relaxing, the music, and the serenity... Well-deserved, much-needed, and well-timed. Tomorrow (Thurs) is our "Friday" - since Joel is off on Friday this week. AWESOME! Can't wait to spend the day with the fam at the MOA - soaking in the holiday glimmer adorning the digs, and just doing a bit of window-shopping (the best kind), and people-watching, lunch-feasting, and exercising - all-in-one! NICE. Then, onto reindeer-watching (and a possible sleigh-ride if enough snow remains from this recent smattering) prior to the Christmas service at our church! Bring it.
A QUOTE: K - actually - - 2 qoutes!! 
"Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop."  ~Ovid
"No one can get inner peace by pouncing on it."  ~Harry Emerson Fosdick (Woot!)
WHIDFML: Ummmmm... this entire post!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment