Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Good for Everyone!


Ah, Wednesday… Also fondly known as hump-day, mid-week, the half-way point, over the hill, git-r-done, I see a light nearing…. And most notably for me, it’s MOMMY-DAY! Wooohooo! I really don’t know how I managed without it, to be entirely bluntly honest.
I LOOOOOVE my girls. I adore them! They are amazing little people, who never cease to surprise me, and always manage to wrap me around those juicy little toe-toes - (my favorite baby-part!) – regardless of their intermingled mis-behavin’ or crab-havin’ ways.

But I must re-fuel before I putter out and stall on the roadside. It’s like hitting the ‘refresh’ button on your browser when the webpage won’t function properly. Comparable to re-booting the computer system when things start to go awry. It can be associated with slamming a 16 oz. bottle of ice cold water after running a marathon! Or, you could place it alongside soaking in a long, hot bath at the end of a wintery snow-shoveling day. Similar to a foot-rub after having been on your feet all day. (Someone just tell me to shut up already!)

Bottom line:
* Good for Grandma & Grandpa ~ They get their baby-fix!

* Good for Babes ~ They get their Grandma & Grandpa fix, and a change of scenery.

* Good for me ~ I feel refreshed & acquire a day to myself – for catching up on projects, running errands without bored & crabby little tots, tending to things that require more than 2 hours of my solid attention, or just plain relaxing if the opportunity presents itself. (Thank goodness for retired grandparents!)

TIP! If you can - arrange for some kind of day carved out of your week just for you. It's amazing how refreshed you feel when you get to hug those sweet little monsters again upon their return home!

A QUOTE: "Write something to suit yourself, and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely will anyone care for it." ~Jesse Stuart

WHIDFML: It's my 'day off'! I got to think... for an extended period of time... uninterrupted!!! WOW. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment