Friday, September 25, 2009

You Won't Find Much Sympathy Here!




I have on a few occasions, reconnected with some past acquaintances with whom I'm now a 'Facebook Friend'. Facebook has been a useful tool in networking my photo-biz, but also a great way to connect with people (and other SAHMs) on a day-to-day basis - both directly and indirectly. It's been surprisingly fun - not at all what I had anticipated - and I mean that in a good way! (Kudos fb!)

I have also, on a few occasions now, come across some precarious postings from a few of these fb friends. In one sentence, they manage to combine a complaint about a difficulty in their child-rearing-filled day, coupled with their sincere love and appreciation for their most wonderful - NANNIES!

Hey - if you can afford a nanny - more power to you. I have no qualms about that. In fact, if we could have afforded one, I'm sure I would have by now - at least during some of the especially- challenging stages with my toddlers who are only 17 months apart. But - I do suddenly notice the stinging of my tongue as my teeth begin to leave permanent impressions upon it when someone proceeds to vent about a supposed hardship that occurs while sharing childcare responsibilities with one. WHAT?

Sure, kiddos can still be demanding and defiant - even with 2 sets of hands present. Sometimes when Daddy's around, there still seems like there is nothing that can be done to calm a melt-down or correct a certain misbehavior. But, YOU HAVE A FREAKIN' NANNY!! Someone specifically in tune to the needs of children, and there for the purpose of helping care for them, is there with you - and for you. No waiting for the bread-winner to come home from the job and offer you some relief. No need to put off that ever-increasing list of 'must-do's' to impose a time-out or even make a sandwich for a hungry munchkin! If you need to run to the store - you can hop into your vehicle and go girl! YOU HAVE A FREAKIN' NANNY. 'Nuf said.

TIP! If you have a spare set of hands lying around, make good use of them, and revel in every moment for which they are available to you. If you don't, remember to breathe deeply when the air gets thick! Really - breathing deeply helps you physically calm down, and also helps to keep the muscles/ tension & lack of oxygen from causing other probs - like headaches. (Plus, it just plain feels good!)

My Silver Lining: Not having a nanny is making me stronger     ?     (Or bringing me that much closer to the crazy-house?!?) [Insert wink & crooked smile here.]

A QUOTE: "I always wrote with the idea that what I put out there is going to stay there. Once I publish something, it has been published. I've never deleted more than one or two posts from my site. I don't think that there are take-backs. I don't feel right about it."  ~ Alison Headley, Digital Preservation and Blogs, SXSW 2006

WHIDFML:Cranked up the volume for a reeeeally good song that I la la loooove, and danced around the kitchen with my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment