Monday, September 28, 2009

Looking Ahead (And in the Meantime - Around Behind, & Sideways at All Times!)



I love the idea of doing some fun projects with my girls while they are home with me. Art projects, new games, new places to explore, all kinds of interaction! But, realistically, Addie is just too small still. I can already see the chaos unfolding in my mind's eye; Addie grabbing Myla's pink paper (the only remaining pink, surely), tearing it to shreds while knocking over the glitter pack, and dipping her face in glue... Myla crying in despair all the while, looking on hopelessly as Addie proceeds to destroy her (and my) sugar-plum visions of art-project time. Yes, this will have to wait a bit longer. Maybe by next year?? Myla will begin pre-school - but it should be a short day for her. I can still look forward to this with sugar and spice and all that is nice, right? ;)

The thing I have to remember, though, is that while these times will certainly be new and fun (and full of unexpected challenges most definitely)  - I can't let myself 'rush' this current time by too quickly (or can I?) They are only going to be babies once, and for a short time. Myla has already moved beyond baby-hood. Addie isn't far behind. But truthfully, I am happy as each new milestone is achieved... as it means we are all continuing to grow and move forward, and learn and be. Can't help but feel that we can all 'be' in greater harmony when we can all interact on somewhat of a similar level ground... without so much teasing , fighting, glitter-flinging, glue-eating, or paper-shredding. *[Pretty sure my imagination's description about how this would go at this stage isn't so far-fetched!]

TIP!  Encouraging games like "house"/ "baby" has enabled both girls to pretend & play together - the littlest one mimicking the strategies of the older one... Just be sure to have 2 of everything! (Well, at least 2 dolls.)

A QUOTE: "I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear."  ~ Joan didion

WHIDFML: I sat out this weekend and soaked up a few minutes of what remained of some warm, late-summer sun. Vitamin D needed right now! Can't let it slip away - not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment