Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Can't Decide: LOUD Music, or Quiet.... Rattle the Windows, or Quiet?



Hows abouts both?! Works for me!
This was a delish afternoon. It was my 'day off' this week. One of few where I don't have oodles of errands lined up... I am fighting a cold. It's rainy-gloomy-drizzley-chilly. I have a day ALL to myself! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS~
First thing this morning, I had decided I was going to come back home after dropping the kiddies off, and sleep!

Well, then I went and got a cleaning-bug up my arse. I DO love to wander about as though I have no responsibilities in a CLEAN-Oh-So-CLEAN domain. So, now that it's in said condition... I'm only enjoying myself that much more! So - here's what I did. I blasted the radio throughout the house during the cleaning process... 
Now, I'm sitting and reveling in - silence. (It IS so rare around here anymore, and I think it's quite good for the soul.) Isn't it amazing what we take for granted before we start spawning?! Plus, all this quiet gave me a chance to just think a minute... (MAN, what we take for granted!!) Now, with all of this thought ruminating around in my brain - I got the ol' writing-bug up my arse! It's a healthy bacteria, however - and so I welcome it's presence within. Candles are lit... I hear a soft "Oohm" in my head... Ahhhhhh. Yum.
My dinner tonight - was gluten-free mac-n-cheese! OMG - what a comfort food on a day like this!

JUST when I thought this day couldn't be any more pleasant - I remembered we have fresh apple cider, and a microwave! AND, I have Snickers candy bars (gluten-free)!! I think this might be nearing what they refer to as a state of euphoria. On some of my Wednesdays, I get to pretend I live in the wilderness, and I'm the only one around for miles, and I can pee in the woods if I want to! ;) 


TIP! Remember to carve out that me-time. Even if it's only for a short duration, try to fit in something for you every day. If you happen upon the occasional FULL day to yourself - try to make sure that they aren't always filled with fullness. Treat yourself to some laziness now and then. Good for the mind, bod, soul... 
A QUOTE: "Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."  ~Ferris Bueller
WHIDFML: I think this entire post is pretty much about what I've done for me 'lately'! Let's raise our mugs-o-hot apple cider and ~Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment