Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Is That a "No", or a "Maybe"??



So! It's my 'day-off'.
While in the process of dropping the kiddies off at Grandma & Grandpa's house, Myla started to show that she was feeling a little bit possessive of her toys today. Addie took a container that Myla had been playing with already... when Myla decided that she wanted it back. So, in true Myla-style, she panicked and had herself a classic mini-melt-down. Whining, and with an extreme sense of urgency, she bellowed, "I want that!!!!" She continued while the melt-down morphed into an all-out-tantrum. At this point, I got down on her level and reminded her that she needs to be a good big sister and share and take turns with Addie. I told her she'd have to be good if she wanted to play at Grandma & Grandpa's house. I reminded her to just ask nicely - and sure enough, Addie handed her the toy with no questions asked. As she pretended I wasn't even in the room while playing now, I continued, "Okay - so can you remember that you need to share with your sissy, and take turns nicely with her??" With wide eyes and an expression that made me flash-forward to Myla-at-age-thirteen, she cut me off asking, "Can you go home?!"  Uh-huh. I think I'll take that as - a no... or a maybe?? Dang. It sure doesn't qualify as a "yes"!  So, I assured her that I would indeed be going home - but ONLY if she promised to be good and share!!! Otherwise, she might be coming home with me... (HA, so there!) ;) 


Needless to say, I got a good laugh out of it. Yep... 3 going on 13. What we have to look forward to, right? 


TIP! Sometimes the 'threat' of having to leave a particularly appealing location due to bad behavior, will prevent it. Sometimes.


A QUOTE: "Discipline is a symbol of caring to a child. He needs guidance. If there is love, there is no such thing as being too tough with a child."  ~Bette Davis


WHIDFML: Enjoying this much-needed time to myself - no one under-foot today, no screaming, crying, fighting, force-feeding, cleaning food from the entire room after each meal, fear of waking babies at nap time, kids' songs in the background.... And, just having some time to THINK! (Or not think!) I'd be insane by now if I didn't have these breaks to look forward to. [Enjoying it - 'cause I won't get this next week. Might be time to find back-up for those occasions!]

No comments:

Post a Comment